Saturday, November 14, 2009

I have a 4 year old cat.his canine teeth is to long i was told.emergency vet place said never do.help me thank

i have a 4 year old cat.a friend of mine said his teeth needs ground down.the canine ones.i called a emergency vet hospital and he told me they are suppose to be long ,not to worry.they never heard of cats getting this done.i need some help to find out what to do.looked online in different places and found no results.thanks

I have a 4 year old cat.his canine teeth is to long i was told.emergency vet place said never do.help me thank
Yes they are suppose to be long. I would think filing them down could cause sensitivity and you cat may refuse to eat after wards. Teeth only grow as long as they need to on cats. Only on rodents they will need to be filed down. Because rodent's teeth will continue to grow. But you can call around at several Vet's offices.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net