Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is my cat is loosing her baby teeth too quickly?

As my previous question from yesterday,


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...


My cat lost a tooth yesterday one this morning and she is starting to bleed again from her teeth (which means another one is going to fall out) I called the vet before she started to bleed, and told them that she lost one yesterday and another one today and she said it was fine, but now she is bleeding again from her teeth. Is this normal should I call again and ask or take her to the vet?

Is my cat is loosing her baby teeth too quickly?
This is fine. I think my cat lost 3 teeth in 24 hours. It's so hard to keep up with it. As long as she isn't uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry. If she is uncomfortable, she will be pawing at her mouth. There is no need to worry unless she continues for several hours, then you should check to see if any teeth are just hanging on and she needs help pulling them out. I pulled two or three teeth from my cat and the vet pulled one. They were just hanging loose and she couldn't get them out by herself. I just reached in and pulled them out like I would a child's loose tooth. No problem. A little bit of blood then it was over.
Reply:Sounds normal. They lose their teeth a lot quicker than we do - everything in proportion remember, considering their lives are only a fifth the length of ours! It only takes them two months to lose all their teeth. If you are worried though, feel free to call the vet back - don't rely on advice from Yahoo!





Chalice


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net