Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why does my cat grind her teeth?

She doesn't grind her teeth all the time only once in a while. I asked my vet, they couldn't say why. Her teeth have been cleaned %26amp; are in good dental health, yet she grinds them, not in her sleep but while awake. I then give her some dry food %26amp; she stops, but she isn't hungry, just eats a couple pieces. Does anyone ever had a cat or dog grind teeth?

Why does my cat grind her teeth?
Slightly misaligned teeth or jaw are a possibility and everything else checks out ok. Crunching a bit of food may relieve the discomfort that occurs when the teeth are pushed around by a poor alignment.





But if she's just making mouth movements,it may just be a force of habit or a throwback to suckling from kittenhood.
Reply:dental disease or lesion in the mouth see your vet

Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net