Saturday, November 14, 2009

My cat is grinding his teeth?

My cat has been sick since Sunday (yes, I have taken him to the vet) and he was dehydrated and wouldnt eat. Today though, I went to give him his medicine, and I noticed that when he began to lick the medicine his teeth would grind. I put down some soft food for him, ( he hasnt eaten since Sunday ) I thought maybe this would make his appetite come back, While he was eating, his teeth were grinding. I was wondering if and of you knew if this was because he hasnt eaten in so long, Or could it be something different? Please help!! :) Thanks!

My cat is grinding his teeth?
Hi there again Ashley...consider ringing your vet to discuss the possibilities if the illness is contributing to the grinding teeth behahviour. Some overly dehdyrated cats and those with teeth and gum disorders will grind from over salivating or from pain. It may or may not be serious, but it certainly doesn't hurt to give the vet a ring and discuss this.
Reply:your cat is wired


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net