Thursday, November 12, 2009

How much is it to have cat's teeth cleaned?

I need to have my 10 year old cat's teeth cleaned, but my vet is charging $300-400 at the most (depending on if teeth need to be pulled). He just had blood work done yesterday during his checkup, so that shouldn't be included in the price. Does this sound like way too much? I want to call around anyway, but I am wondering what others normally pay. I live in Wisconsin if that matters.


Thanks!

How much is it to have cat's teeth cleaned?
With an extraction, that sounds about right. The cat may not need to have anything pulled, and that will certainly drop the price. Anesthesia is always pretty expensive. Good that the blood work is done already. At the veterinary teaching hospital here, $400 is most definitely not unheard of, one of my friends had a reconstruction done for her dog, and those can run up to $800. Good luck, I know it can be expensive, but getting routine dentistry done for your animal really is beneficial!
Reply:Your vet's price seems about right to me. Blood work would not be included in the price. Good idea to check around and be certain of the rates in your area.





Best of luck to you and your kitty!

baby shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net