Friday, May 21, 2010

My cat is 2yrs old and her 2 small bottom teeth have fallen out is this normal? what shall i do?

they were very small, were they her baby teeth? will she be in pain? as she is still able to eat.

My cat is 2yrs old and her 2 small bottom teeth have fallen out is this normal? what shall i do?
I guess they could be baby teeth, but it seems doubtful, however I do have a friend who is 18 with still baby teeth, so it is entirely possible. If the cat has a healthy diet and is a healthy weight, I wouldn't be alarmed, probably baby teeth like you suspect.
Reply:Cats usually lose their baby teeth around 11 to 30 weeks old. The permanent set of teeth is fully in place around 6 months. While it could be possible that your cat had a few baby teeth remaining that fell out, you may want to take a look at her teeth and gums. If everything looks ok, I wouldn't worry about it. However, if her gums are red or there is a great amount of tartar build up, she could be having dental problems and you will have to have her checked by your vet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net